If there is a choice to
use a tool to automate your business document workflows, will you ever fill an template manually?
The answer is obvious. Manual
filling of the templates is expensive, slow, and error-prone.
Moreover, it’s one of the most boring jobs to do.
Document automation system reduces the risks associated with human errors, and time spent on quality checks.
They help businesses to improve
- Customer communications
- Business efficiencies and employee productivity
- Reduce cycle times
Each organization's document automation needs are unique.
They range from the creation of region-specific multi-lingual complex documents running into hundreds of pages to
simple letters. It also depends on the industry.
- Insurance - insurance quotes, proposals, policy documents.
- Real Estate - Customer Communications, promissory notes, etc.
- Financial institutions - Statements, customer on-boarding, and loan documents.
- Real Estate - Contracts, purchase & sale agreements, leases, and other documents.
The following are the three modes of document automation.
- Interactive: In this, users fill the form (questionnaire)
generated from the template to create a document. It's useful for creating
onboarding documents, product guides, support manuals, etc.
- Batch/Bulk: The system creates thousands or even millions of personalized and distinct documents.
It automates the creation of documents by populating structured
data into templates. Data could be residing in enterprise databases,
applications, or file formats such as XML/JSON/
useful for the creation of invoices, letters, and other business documents. The modern systems not just create documents, they
also offer multiple distribution channels such as e-Sign, Email, SMS, etc.
- On-Demand: Based on a user action the document generation
happens on the fly.
For example, on inquiry submission, you can send out a proposal. You can even
create complex document-based workflows.
Basic document automation system features
Despite the many benefits, document automation system brings about, the vast majority of organizations
haven’t adopted them. They settled for limited functionality macros, reporting tools, and document assembly add-ons of enterprise apps.
However, they cost a fortune in the long run.
- The templates have to be coded. Thus, they are maintenance heavy. Business users cannot make changes
to their templates and need continuous developer support.
- They are slow and painful to generate thousands of documents.
This limits their utility as an enterprise solution. For your organization's digital transformation journey,
you need an enterprise
document automation microservice. Let’s examine the basic features a good document
automation system should have.
- For an organization with a growing library of document templates and multiple offices,
the system must support multi-lingual template documents and conditions.
- The system must have a well-defined API for integrating into other
systems and databases. These integrations bring about digital transformations.
- It should support all three modes of document automation – interactive, bulk, and on-demand.
- The system should support the document creation needs of the entire organization,
not just legal or sales. The piecemeal approach of having multiple document
automation systems drains organization resources. Each of these systems would follow a different template notation.
Thus, template standardization becomes an issue leading to a lot of confusion.
- Last but not the least, the system must support the generation of various document formats including
PPTX, PDF, Word, HTML, Excel, Images, and TXT.
Next-gen document automation system
EDocGen is perfect for an organization with a large number of complex templates.
It addresses every document type possible
including invoices, contracts,
proposals, legal documents, etc.
It’s a cloud
document automation platform for generating documents from
applications, databases, and structured data. What separates it from the rest is its business
user-friendliness. Business users can use existing document templates for document creation.
They can generate documents without IT intervention, with a minimal learning curve.
It supports on-demand, bulk, and interactive document automation.
For interactive, the document automation system
auto-generates fillable forms from existing templates. Business users can fill these
forms themselves or share the form URL with customers and vendors. Submission of forms creates documents.
For large forms, users can save partially filled forms as drafts before final submission.
Excel data for batch document generation.
You can populate Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and MongoDB data directly for creating documents in bulk.
It is an API -first product. You can integrate it with every possible application
in the organization including CRM,
ERP, HRMS, etc. for on-demand document generation.
- Supports almost all special cases including the
- The population of multiple templates in one go.
- The Sequential population of data files.
- 8-Level JSON data population.
- Vertically oriented Excel data population.
The tool supports the dynamic population of text, tables, images, paragraphs, and reusable content blocks.
- Text – Populate dynamic text fields in the document template.
- Table – Populate tables in the template by adding rows dynamically.
- Image – Auto-fill images into the template at runtime.
- Content Block – Reusable content blocks can be inserted into the document template at runtime
- Hyperlinks - Populate clickable hyperlinks.
- Conditional Statements – IF/ELSE for customizing document creation as per business requirements.
- Calculations – Arithmetic operators +, -, *, / for performing calculations on dynamic data.
has unique document requirements. The document automation
software is flexible to address these requirements.
Template and Digital Assets Governance
The system offers a central repository for storing the organization's business templates and digital assets.
With a fine-grained authorization mechanism, template rights management is built into the system.
Business users can edit their templates in native editors. For example,
Microsoft Word templates can be modified in Word itself. No separate designer or add-on
After editing the templates, admins/managers can upload the templates into the system. Thus, the
online central repository holds all approved templates. This ensures
employees are using only the latest templates and other digital assets. This is especially useful
for remote employees ensuring brand and process consistency.
The tool allows document distribution through multiple channels - Email, print, E-Sign,
syncing to cloud storage, etc.
The system auto-sends the generated documents as attachments from your business email.
The use-cases for the document
automation software are endless. If your organization is on a path to digital transformation,
using the right one
is key to achieving success.
It is the best cloud document automation system. Give it a try.